Friday, August 8, 2008

What Is The Best Value Camper?

5


biblical text
approach of Esther with the king

The third day Esther put on her royal robes and stood in the courtyard of the king's house, before the king's house. The king sat upon his royal throne in the royal house, opposite the entrance to the house. When the king saw Queen Esther standing in the yard, she found favor in his eyes, and the king held out to Esther the golden scepter he held in his hand. Esther approached and touched the tip of a scepter. The king said, What hast thou, Queen Esther, and what are you asking? When it would be half the kingdom, she will be given. Esther said: If the king's pleasure, that the king and Haman come today the banquet that I have prepared. And the king said: Go immediately seek Haman, Esther, as desired. The king and Haman went to the banquet Esther had prepared. And while we drank wine, the king said to Esther: What is your request? She will be granted. What do you want? When it would be half the kingdom it will get. Esther said: Here's what I ask and what I want. If I have found favor with the king, and if it please the king to grant my petition and fulfill my desire that the king and Haman come to the feast that I prepare for them, and tomorrow I will answer according to King his order.

Haman stands a gallows for Mordecai

Haman went out that day joyful and contented heart. But when he saw the king's gate, Mordecai did not rise nor fidgeted in front of him, he was filled with anger against Mordecai. However, he knew himself, and he went home. Then he sent for his friends and Zeresh his wife. Haman told them of the glory of his riches, the number of his son, had done everything the king to raise in dignity, and the rank he had given her over the leaders and servants of king. And he added: "I am the only one that even the Queen Esther has allowed the king to the banquet she did, and I'm still invited to her house tomorrow with roi.1 But all this is of no value to me as long as I see Mordecai the Jew sitting at the door of roi.1 Zeresh his wife and all his friends told him: That is preparing a wooden fifty cubits high, and tomorrow morning we asked the king to hang Mordecai, and then you go to the feast with joy King. This thing pleased Haman, and he did prepare the wood.

0 comments:

Post a Comment